They assist first time home buyers offering grants to assist first time home buyers buy houses. Through their assistance you must qualify for low rates and reduced tax rates through the first time home buying program. There are Federal, state, and city programs that offer low down costs loans available to qualified first time buyers.
Also included the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and the Veteran’s Administration (VA) mortgage loans. Upstate NY rural residents may qualify for United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) loan.
Below is a list of New York first time buyer programs:
- Albany Home Acquisition Program
- Binghamton First Ward Action Council Affordable HOME Program
- Buffalo HomeFront Inc Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance Program
- Chautauqua County Federal Home Loan Bank of New York Affordable Housing Program
- Chemung County First Time Home Buyer Program
- Glens Falls First Time Homebuyer Program
- Hamburg Hometown Housing Program Existing Home
- Multi Counties Bishop Sheen Ecumenical Housing Foundation Inc First Time Homebuyer HOME Program
- Multi Townships M-ARK Project Inc First Time Home Buyer Program
- New York Bishop Sheen Ecumenical Housing Foundation Home Ownership Loan Program
- New York City Housing Development Corporation
- New York FHA Home Loan
- New York First Time Home Buyer Loans
- New York Housing Finance Authority
- New York Rural Home Loan
- New York VA Home Loan
- Rochester Home Expo Program
- Rochester Home Purchase Assistance Program
- Rochester, HOME Rochester
- Suffolk County First Time Home Buyer Programs Down Payment Assistance Program
- Syracuse University Neighborhood Preservation Association Mortgage Assistance Program
- Ulster County Rural Ulster Preservation Company Direct Homeownership Assistance Program
- Yates County Keuka Housing Council Inc Home Ownership Program
- Yates County New Construction Program
1. Credit Score: Click here to get a copy of your credit score.
2. Mortgage: Once you know your credit score, click here to apply for a mortgage at one of the most trusted mortgage companies on the internet.
3. Home Search: Click here to find a real estate agent that specializes in First Time Home Buyers.